SQL is called as Structured Query Language, this is a declarative language which means this consists of clauses, expressions , statements , queries. That means it is easy to learn SQL for students and this is a common language of different databases but its syntax is different in every database. The different syntaxes are called as the dialects of SQL.
So if you need to work on SQL assignment then firstly see the database in which you need to write SQL statements in, like you may have the SQL homework that needs to be written in Oracle, then try understanding the Oracle concepts and syntax of SQL commands for the Oracle coursework.
Learning and writing the SQL course work is fun and easy. Here are the few tips in writing the database coursework:
- Install the SQL software first on the PC if this is available free like you can install Microsoft SQL Express Server if you have SQL Server Coursework or you can MySQL free if the you have MySQL assignment.
- Learn the basic SQL concepts first (I would call this as theory part) and then try practising the SQL commands on the database. This will help you to understand and work on the SQL homework more quickly.
- Create your own tables and practice all sorts of SQL commands like Insert, Update, Select etc. and try relating these commands with your SQL coursework.
- Focus on how to write the SQL queries , Once you learn writing the SQL queries , you will see your SQL assignment is just a piece of cake.
- Use the SQL forums if you are stuck anywhere in the SQL assignment.
- Focus learning on one dial elect of one SQL language and other dialects wont be harder to learn for any other SQL dissertation, SQL assignment.
- Videos are definitely easier to understand, so search for video tutorials on Google, yahoo , you tube.
- Repeat every tutorial you have learnt as this will increase the understanding and can evaluate your database home work.
- Remember programming with SQL on databases like SQL Server is less complex than programming with languages like Java or C#, so you can easily do these SQL coursework on your own.
- SQL is very vast so it is possible you are learning things that your SQL coursework does not need, so stay focussed with your SQL coursework questions or problem and you can try other concepts later after finishing the coursework. This will help to submit your coursework on time.
- Also remember SQL is not a object oriented language so don’t write SQL queries for problems that will be better solved by traditional programming languages like Java , C#.
- Need more advice on SQL coursework please contact me.
http://www.sqlcourse.com/ – This is unique web site on SQL tutorials that provides easy-to-understand SQL instructions and it also allows you to practice what you learn using the on-line SQL interpreter. So you do not need any SQL software to practice any SQL statements with the tools provided by this website. This can be a very good start for your database homework.
http://www.sql-tutorial.net/ – Provides the quick cheat sheets for all general SQL commands. Another useful resource for database assignments.
http://sqlzoo.net/ – The site provides the detailed syntax and explanation of SQL statement of different databases , so MYSQL coursework, Oracle coursework, SQL Server coursework, PostgreSQL coursework , Ingres Coursework can be done by referring this resource.
http://beginner-sql-tutorial.com/ – Another good resource to learn SQL.
Learning SQL By Alan Beaulieu – Helpful book for MySQL assignment, Oracle assignment, and Microsoft SQL Server assignment. This is an introductory guide on SQL and moves quickly through SQL basics.