Important points to consider before writing the thesis proposal , PhD thesis proposal or any Research proposal
- Before starting thesis proposal, please ask yourself that do you have the good interest in the idea that you are going to research because you are going to spend next 3-4 years on it and it is important that you should be doing the research with full enthusiasm.
- Do you need funding or partial funding for your PhD thesis, if yes then Is the funding available in the university where you are applying.
- If you are going to do part time PhD then do you have sufficient time for research?
- Do you have all the necessary skills to do the research , if not are you ready to learn those skills like get yourself trained on any data collection software.
- Is the topic you have chosen feasible to research or its just a vague idea , Is your thesis proposal hypothesis clear?
- Have you done your research to make sure that your thesis idea is quite new and nobody has done the same research before?
- Do you understand the data that is required for the research and are the required data easily available?
- Do you have the clear idea of what will be your aim , objectives and scope of the research?
- Do you have any plans if the results fail or if you can not collect the data ?
- Have you checked if your idea needs any kind of permission to do this research like a permission from Government , Environment department etc.
Once you have a good idea or good title of PhD proposal and you have checked all these key points then you can start writing on thesis proposal.
Click here to see how to write a to PhD thesis proposal.